Nearly 1 in 5 Calgarian households are struggling with housing costs.
Join us in our third annual #PayitForwardYYC campaign to help provide affordable housing for the vulnerable Calgarians that need it most.
Nobody should have to choose between having a roof over their heads and putting food on the table. #PayitForwardYYC helps low-income Calgarians bridge the gap.
About The Campaign
How to Participate
1. Friend of Forward
Make a donation
2. Forward Ambassador
Donate + Post on social media
3. Forward Champion
Donate + Post + Nominate a friend
If you are participating on the Ambassador or Champion level, we have created several ready-to-use resources for you including social media posts, images, captions, and more.
- $250 provides a family affordable rent for one month
- $1,500 ensures a family has a safe place to call home for six months
- $3,000 gives a family the gift of stability for an entire year
- $35,000 funds a building for the entire year!
For some of our residents rent still takes up most of their income.
Through the GAP (Generating Affordable Possibilities) program, you can subsidize rent to residents, so rent is no more than 30% of their income. Rent subsidies allows residents to afford basic necessities, such as food, medicine and education.
Why get Involved?
Benefits of affordable housing:
- 100% of your donation goes towards rent relief via our GAP program
- Forward Housing Association is a Calgary-based, registered charity with a 40+ year history.
- Affordable Housing provides families the gift of stability, preventing entry or re-entry into homelessness
- We serve a diverse mix of low income Calgarians. Families and individuals with a variety of needs, including mental health and mobility challenges, the working poor, seniors and those leaving homelessness and domestic violence
- We provide and operate over 700 permanent housing units across Calgary
100% of your donation goes towards rent relief via our GAP program
 GAP stands for Generating Affordable Possibilities and is Forward Housing’s program that provides rent subsidies to our residents who are struggling to make their basic rent each month. Although our rental rates are set below-market by design, this program allows us to further reduce rent for those who need it most.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION
For more information, contact: [email protected]
FORWARD HOUSING ASSOCIATION IS A REGISTERED CHARITY #10687 7616 RR0001
support us today!
#510 1540 Northmount Dr. NW
Calgary, AB T2L 0G6