About UsOur History
This timeline highlights the most significant events in our history. For a more comprehensive overview of our over 40 years of history please click below.
May 27, 1976
June 8, 1980
Carroll Place officially opened on June 8, 1980
July 2, 1982
Columbus Manor officially opened on July 2, 1982
June 24, 1983
Francis Klein Centre officially opened on June 24, 1983
September 23, 1983
St. James Court officially opened on September 23, 1983
June 21, 1985
Anthonian Court officially opened on June 21, 1985
September 12, 1993
St. Paul’s Villa officially opened on September 12, 1993
October 1, 1995
Crossroads Court officially opened on October 1, 1995
July 1, 1995
Alberta designated the RCDCASC as the Housing Management Body with full authority over the management of these 7 properties.
Feb. 16, 2005
The organization changed its name to the Bishop O’Byrne Housing for Seniors Association
Columbus Place, the first BOBHSA owned and operated Affordable Housing building was opened following 14 months of construction
Updated name and logo to Bishop O’Byrne Housing Association. (the new name reflects the expanded mission to serve the entire community)
BOBHA joins the RESOLVE campaign- the one-of-a-kind collaborative capital campaign of nine low-income housing providers with a goal of capital fundraising to end homelessness in Calgary
BOBHA receives a grant form the Calgary Foundation to undergo a rebranding initiative
BOBHA begins construction on its newest project, made possible by donations through the RESOLVE Campaign
BOBHA unveils its new Brand!
Anticipated opening of its new building – adding 104 units to the affordable housing stock in Calgary
support us today!
#510 1540 Northmount Dr. NW
Calgary, AB T2L 0G6