About UsAbout Forward Housing
Creating homes where everyone can thrive
About Forward Housing
Since 1975, we have been working to ensure every Calgarian has a safe, affordable place to call home.
Our operations are divided into to two arms;
- As a housing management body, we operate 477 senior self-contained units, across seven apartment buildings, for the Government of Alberta.
- As an affordable housing provider, we own and operate 180 units across two buildings in Bridgeland-Riverside.
- We serve a diverse mix of low income Calgarians. From families and individuals with a variety of needs, including those with mental health and mobility challenges, the working poor, seniors and those leaving homelessness and domestic violence.
- Our mixed income, mixed use approach helps reduce stigma, promotes community integration, and enhances quality of life for our residents.
- All of our buildings have a part time building maintainer, who addresses any maintenance concerns and a Tenant Service Coordinator who connects our tenants with support services and referrals as needed.
- We subscribe to the Housing First principle; an approach to ending homelessness that centers on quickly moving people experiencing homelessness into independent and permanent housing and then providing additional supports and services as needed.
Tenant Satisfaction Survey
See what our tenants think!
The Rebranding process has been made possible thanks to a Community Grant from The Calgary Foundation.
We would like to thank the Calgary Foundation for making this all possible. We would also like to extend our gratitude to Marca Strategy for leading this initiative, as well as a massive thank you to all our valued stakeholders who have assisted us throughout this process.
We’re proud to share with you this congratulatory video from Mayor Nenshi. Thank you, Mayor, for your ongoing support!
Our Organization grew from the hard work and commitment of Calgary’s Roman Catholic community in support of the city’s low-income seniors population over 40 years ago. We are proud of and honour these origins. With the 2013 opening of Columbus Place in Bridgeland we began to provide affordable housing to a wider spectrum of those in need. While our dedication to this sector and to the Calgary community remains as strong as ever, our Organization feels that now is the perfect time to refresh our brand identity and to clearly communicate our Organization’s evolved purpose and vision.
Over the past 18 months we have been working on this rebranding initiative and are pleased to finally unveil the future of our organization. Welcome to Forward Housing!
support us today!